Lady Gaga the new Madonna?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009


Electro pop diva Lady GaGa who stole the limelight at this year's MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto.

The platinum-haired singer gave an electrifying performance literally taking centre stage in a bustier exploding with pyrotechnics.

Twenty three year old Lady GaGa, real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, gave a raunchy performance of a medley of her hits surrounded by muscle bound dancers dressed as police officers.

The thing about this performance is it seems more and more she is becoming a miniature Madonna. I might be the only one who sees her this way, but at the same time they have a couple things in common.

One is they are both Italian, I know this might not be a big deal but I would bet the farm if Lady Gaga didn't fantasies about being Madonna when she grew up.

Second they both like the shock factor. Lady Gaga is always in character with her wigs, scantly clad outfits and shock performances off and on stage. She truly reminds me of a young Madonna starting out like in her "Life a Virgin days"

The thing that sealed the deal for me was her sparklers that came out of her wired bra during the end of they concert during the MMVAs. This was like a Madonna wired bra thing all over again I thought to myself.

I am a fan of Gaga so don't get me wrong, I would love to Drive that all night, but this former stripper who comes from a rich Italian family in New York is making the money and rising to the top.

She was later called back to the stage to collect the best international video artist award for Poker Face. First she started opening for concerts and you could see her at the local pub and bar for $30 a ticket. Soon she will be headlining and you will be re living the growing stages of the Madonna for this generation.

Invest in her now before it's too late is what I have to say.

Eat.Sleep.Celebrity