Harper's Island: What are you thinking?

Friday, June 19, 2009


Just when I thought this show could not get any worse it did. During last nights episode they finally showed the man who was supposed to be dead this whole time, the man, the myth, the legendary killer... John Wakefeild.

Well that really chapped my ass! Again if you haven't been following the show let me explain a little part of what it was supposed to be about. They advertised the show as a "Murder mystery event" they introduce characters during the first episode of the show who all have motives to be able to murder someone. They introduce "The Uncle", "The best friend" etc etc.

Every week someone gets killed and you are supposed to figure out who is the killer. Just when you think you might have figured it out they may or may not kill off the character you have chosen. It seems pretty cool, but then they started to introduce a man by the name of John Wakefield who used to be a murderer on the island and apparently is dead.

Fine I can live with that, people start thinking it's a copy cat and one of the main characters from the show is just pretending to kill people the same way John did. Well during last nights episode you finally get to know that John Wakefield is in fact ALIVE, and you actually see him face to face with one of the main characters.

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!! seriously the writers just couldn't think of anyone else to make the killer? how can this be a murder mystery event if you fucking bring in someone who is not even supposed to be there. Technically its a cop out in my opinion. I could have fucking guessed he was a live episodes ago but I wanted to give the writers of the show the benefit of the doubt and hope that they in fact don't bring some random character in as the killer this late in to the season.

WEAK! That's all I have to say about it. If you read some of my previous posts about the show I did in fact say they might actually do this and I would hope they didn't. Well my theory was correct and my respect for the show (the little that I had) went down the drain with it.

The most shitty part about this is I have heard they are thinking of making this a sequel. So what was supposed to be a "Mini series murder mystery" might actually become a full time show with seasons.

GREAT! Can you feel my sarcasm.

Eat.Sleep.Celebrity