Jon and Kate finally file for Divorce

Tuesday, June 23, 2009


Jon & Kate Plus 8, the show that shows the world that Marriages can't last.
Jon and Kate Gosselin announced their separation on Monday night's episode, and shortly after that TLC announced they will be taking a break from them.

No new episodes will air until August 3, the Los Angeles Times reports. "People close to the show say the desire to take a production break came from the network," the Times reports — not the family.

TLC originally planned to air 40 new episodes this season. No word on if that number will be reduced, or if the season will be extended.

During last nights episodes they were both fine with continuing the show which would go forward filming each parent doing there own thing with the children. I for one don't know who great of a show that would be. The only thing I can imagine is if they some how are using this divorce as a ratings grab and will go forward showing them trying to get back together like some soap opera. I honestly doubt that is going to happen and I hope that this show just goes away.

Meanwhile, both Jon and Kate have released statements in regard to their split. Kate said, "Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children. While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."

Jon said, "This afternoon, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my number one priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn’t change that."
Jon also said yesterday he is excited in this new chapter in his life being that he is only 32 years old. So I thought to myself, you have been married for 10 years (married at 22) and during that time you had 8 kids.... hmmm I wonder why your marriage failed and you are happy to regain your 20's and party like a frat boy in your new condo in New York.

As for Kate, well she is just happy to start getting some sex again. Jon apparently doesn't put out anymore and now with the divorce Kate has no problem in finally coming clean about her "flings".

The show may end (we can only hope) but this isn't the last we have seen from the duo.

Eat.Sleep.Celebrity